See below for our current vacancies:
Legal Assistant – Conveyancing Department
Job: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hughes Solicitors serves Heathfield and the surrounding local areas providing private client and property legal services and has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Legal Assistant to join our busy residential conveyancing team.
This position is well suited to an individual who has at least two years’ experience working within conveyancing and has a knowledge of the procedures involved.
Purpose of role:
To provide direct support to a conveyancer in delivering a professional service.
Principal duties & responsibilities including but not limited to:
- undertaking a wide variety of ad hoc tasks as requested;
- tracking of tasks and commitments;
- letter writing;
- booking and co-ordinating meetings;
- diary management;
- opening and closing case files;
- general file management and case tracking;
- direct client contact to deal with appointments, queries and payments;
- raising bills and liaising with the accounts department;
- attending team meetings;
- assisting with maintenance of documentation, spreadsheets and legal databases;
- completing Stamp Duty and Land Registry Forms; and
- drafting contract documentation.
Critical knowledge, skills & experience candidates should have:
- a minimum of two years’ experience as a legal secretary/assistant within a Conveyancing Department;
- demonstrated experience in legal secretarial abilities;
- strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under pressure, prioritise properly and meet stated deadlines; and
- superior English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact David Millward on 01435 890101 and arrange to forward an up to date copy of your CV.