Hughes Solicitors serves Heathfield and the surrounding local areas providing private client and property legal services.
Please see our available vacancies below:
Residential property lawyer
We are looking for an enthusiastic residential property lawyer to join the conveyancing team. The role is full time and we will consider candidates that are qualified as a solicitor, legal executive or licenced conveyancer.
This position is well suited to an individual who has at least three years’ PQE in conveyancing and some experience of CQS or Lexcel is desirable.
The chosen candidate will report directly to the head of the department and their main responsibility will be undertaking their own full caseload of varied transactions, including but not limited to sales, purchases and remortgages.
The successful candidate will be personable with excellent communication skills; well-organised and able to work well under pressure to tight deadlines.
For more information contact the head of residential property Matthew Sabine on 01435 890101 and arrange to forward an up–to–date copy of your CV.
Legal Secretary – Private Client
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Legal Secretary to provide a personal assistant role and full comprehensive support service to at least two lawyers in the private client team.
Job: Permanent Full Time
Salary: £20k – £24k depending on experience
This position is well suited to an individual who has at least two years experience of working within Private Client and has a knowledge of the procedures involved.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Keyboard work producing quality documentation using Microsoft Office applications including Excel and the firm’s case management system. Use of Bighand Digital Dictation system.
- Administration work including setting up new files, filing and organising files – fixing appointments.
- Telephone work – dealing with telephone calls with clients, internally and with other professionals.
- Client contact – dealing personally with client callers to fix appointments, dealing with queries and accepting payments to include, where appropriate, attending client meetings and being a first point of contact to clients.
- Personal assistant work – developing a knowledge and interest in client matters so as to be able to alert to any difficulties and to handle queries effectively. Undertaking other clerical and administrative duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Marketing – ascertaining and recording where enquirers/clients have heard about us. Updating contact database when new information received. Undertaking a wide variety of ad hoc tasks as requested.
Critical Knowledge, Skills & Experience candidates should have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a legal secretary/assistant preferably within a private client department.
- Demonstrated experience in legal secretarial abilities.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under pressure, prioritise properly and meet stated deadlines.
- Superior English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Sophie Ivory on 01435 898132 and arrange to complete an application form.